- Links to the NCAA Eligibility Center
- Information and links for high school athletes
Division I Changes-Overview
1. Increase in the minimum required core-course GPA from 2.0 to 2.30
2. Ten of the 16 required core courses must be completed before the beginning of the seventh semester (senior year).
a. Seven of these 10 required courses must be English, math or natural/physical science
b. A repeat of one of the "locked in" courses will not be used if taken after the seventh semester begins.
3. Increase in the overall core-course GPA as it relates to the ACT or SAT score which results in a new sliding scale
This impacts the class of 2016 if they plan to participate in intercollegiate athletics at the Division I level.
Division II Change-Reminder
Increase in the number of required core courses from 14 to 16
a. One additional course in English, math or science
b. One additional course in any core academic area (English, math, science, social science) or foreign language, comparative religion/philosophy.
This impacts current seniors (class of 2013) must meet this new rule if they plan to participate in intercollegiate athletics at the Division II level.
Eligibility Center Information and High School Portal Information at this link: